Personal Information We Collect and How it is Used
Visitors to our Web site under age 13 are free to access the various features our site offers without disclosing any personal information. KidsBibleinfo.com, under its flagship ministry the Voice of Prophecy, collects information in the following ways
- In order to answer questions, KidsBibleinfo asks kids to create a username to ask a question and receive an answer. Kids are urged to avoid disclosing personal identifiable information that is not reasonably necessary to obtain the service needed from KidsBibleinfo.com. Measures are taken to help prevent such disclosure. Before kids can create a username, kids are prompted with terms and conditions, including not revealing personal identifiable information (full name, home address, phone number, email, etc.). Additionally, all information a child submits in questions and prayer requests are monitored and reviewed, and stripped of personal identifiable information before being sent to be answered KidsBibleinfo Volunteers.
- Through our "Feedback" page, we ask for a name and corresponding email address in order to reply to inquiries and suggestions. Such contact is on a one-time basis, and after response to the child, the child’s name and email address, as well as the content of the message, are deleted.
- Kidsbibleinfo.com also accesses information through IP addresses. An IP address is something that is unique to your computer, and is used to identify and collect broad demographic information (like age, gender, regional information and generic interests). As a safe website for kids, tools such as these are used positively and in the sole interest of protecting the privacy and safety of all kids online. For example, a particular IP address can be permanently blocked and denied future access to the website from that IP address if found to be causing problems or a threat.
- Any letters from children published in on our web site or in our publications will not include any personal identifying information.
How KidsBibleinfo.com Handles Privacy Internally
KidsBibleinfo.com wants your personal information to remain as secure as reasonably possible.
When a child submits a question and/or prayer request, they will be sent an answer from a KidsBibleinfo.com Volunteer. After the child reads the answer, the username, question and/or prayer request, and answer are deleted from the server. If an answer is unread by the child, it will remain in the server for up to 30 days. However, after 30 days, the username, question and/or prayer request, and answer, will be deleted.
When a child requests KidZone Bible guides, and a parent approves by submitting their mailing information, the information is directed to the Voice of Prophecy, which provides the KidZone Bible guides. The information is solely used for the purpose of fulfilling the request. At any time, the parent may request from the Voice of Prophecy to stop sending KidZone guides and to remove their personal information from their systems.
Disclosure of Your Information
Kids are urged to avoid disclosing personal identifiable information when asking questions or requesting prayer. All information submitted and included in questions and prayer requests are monitored and reviewed before being sent on to KidsBibleinfo.com volunteers to answer. Personal identifiable information that is not necessary in the Bible question or prayer request will be stripped to help protect participants.
KidsBibleinfo.com, under the Voice of Prophecy will not disclose to any third parties any personal identifiable information it gathers from your child, which could be used to identify or contact him/her. KidsBibleinfo.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about kids with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services requested, when we have the parent’s permission, or under the following circumstances:
- To notify of other related resources and services in your area. We provide the information to trusted partners Bibleinfo.com and the Voice of Prophecy who work on behalf of or with KidsBibleinfo.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use the personal identifiable information to help KidsBibleinfo.com communicate with your child and you about offers. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- KidsBibleinfo.com may provide some information to third parties which does not allow your child to be identified or contacted ("Aggregate Information"). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. We might also inform a company that "30% of our users live east of the Mississippi" or that "25% of our users have made a prayer request."
Parents or legal guardians can review their kid's personal information once we receive verifiable identification. Verifiable consent can be given by one of the following methods: following the link provided in the confirmation email, provide a signed form via postal mail or facsimile or even giving us a call. Upon request, parents or guardians may delete or prohibit the further collection of their child's personal information by contacting us at email@example.com and clearly stating the nature of their inquiry. Parents or guardians who do not want our website to have any further contact with their children are encouraged to provide us with their own contact information. If the child contacts us, this will enable our Web site to contact the parent or legal guardian to inform them of the contact. Parents or legal guardians will then be able to talk to the child who might otherwise be expecting a response from us.
Updating Personal Identifiable Information and Contacting KidsBibleinfo.com
PO Box 2525
Newbury Park, CA 91319